A few days ago I published Dale Partridge’s article on whether a dude is worth marrying, the four t’s that must be crossed. He has since written one for the men on ladies, and the four i’s that must be dotted. As a lady myself I want to make sure I am meeting the proper points here to really make a relationship work. It’s pretty interesting to get a glimpse at what we need to be as good partners to our male counterparts. Check it out chickies.
This article is by Dale Partridge dalepartridge.com
4 Signs She’s Worth Marrying
Last summer, My wife and I had the treat of spending 24 hours in Lake Tahoe with 5 couples, celebrating their 20th wedding anniversaries. I took this as an opportunity to ask some serious questions. Their answers helped form my list below.
1. This article is a bit different than the counterpart. I strove to focus on some of the more prominent male struggles of today.
2. This article is written for a male reader. Though I’m sure it will offer value to a women reader as well.
3. These may not all apply to you. But they do apply to others. Please respect that.
4. This is an article for people who desire to be married, if that’s not you, then check out this article.
4 Signs She’s Worth Marrying
- She Shares Your Values – I cannot express how critical this is. A bride must share your value system on the points that matter – spirituality, children, sex, family, and even divorce. If she’s not on board with your core, you might want to get back in the market for someone who is.
- She Respects You – Men have an innate desire to be honored and respected. This is not about submission, rather admiration, adoration, and encouragement. If you find a woman who has a head of respect (She thinks honorably about you), a heart of respect (She desires to follow you) a mouth of respect (she speaks highly of you), and hands of respect (out of love, she helps you) then you my friend, have a keeper.
- She Supports You – A woman worth marrying is an incredible helper. Not out of gender role but out of love. She desires to serve, assist, and support you through the obstacles you meet. It’s not about laundry. It’s not about dishes. It’s about a heart that pours out a nurturing love of companionship. Like the saying goes, “behind every good man, is a great woman.”
- She Captivates You – Let’s throw culture’s definition of beauty to the wayside for a moment. Men are predominantly physical, visual beings. Science, scripture, history, studies, they all back this truth. Luckily, a man’s desires come in all shapes, sizes, colors, and smells. It comes in noses, feet, butts, necks, hands, eyes, and everywhere else imaginable But the key is captivation. Not lust. Can you look at this woman outside of time (because she will change), and say to yourself, “I can wake up every day of my life and believe she’s beautiful.”